Friday, February 17, 2012

Sea Days

I never thought I would love sea days as much as I have these last three. Serious R&R... I don't remember the last time I didn't have anything to do if I tried! That has meant finishing my book and starting another, working out on my own schedule, then relaxing in the thermal spa suite for longer than I worked out :)

Yesterday we were rocking and rolling south in the Pacific. Even the staff said it was the roughest day at sea in 6 months. Fortunately no one in our group had any problems with seasickness or anything and we waited it out in the spa by day and with a cocktail party by night.

Today we have entered the Chilean fjords for some scenic (and smooth!) sailing. The landscape on either side of the ship is remarkable! Ice-capped mountains soaring out of the Pacific ocean. We are cruising the waters of Magellan. Tomorrow is our first port of call in Punta Arenas and we are going to see the penguins!

No comments:

Post a Comment