Saturday, May 5, 2012

Good Morning, Table Mountain!


This was my view when I woke up this morning... magic!











I arrived in Cape Town last night but well after dark and after 20 hours of traveling (well worth it) so this morning was my first real view of the city... and what a view it was! I slept like a baby thanks to 1) 20 hours lack of sleep on a plane, 2) comfy bed at O&O, and 3) a few welcome glasses of vino with Cassie, Ansley, and Jamo!  The most important factor in my recovery though was the 50 minute massage Friday AM at the One&Only's amazing spa.  All guests of McCabe World Travel and Virtuoso get a complimentary massage - SO necessary.

Not enough time anywhere here! After a lovely lunch hosted by O&O at their restaurant Rueben's (by South Africa's celebrity chef... they also have a Nobu) where we got a taste of Cape Malay flavor and South African wines, we headed 20 min outside the city to The Cellars Hohenort.  How charming! I felt like I was at an English country home - complete with perfectly manicured gardens.  Each room is unique and so tastefully done - some very traditional, some contemporary - designed by owner Liz McGrath herself. Off to enjoy before dinner with our gracious host and hostess...

No comments:

Post a Comment