Sunday, February 5, 2012

Doing My Homework

This is an email I just sent my Dad after one day in Santiago...

Subject: Doing my homework...

Pisco sour - check
The Chileans claim it too. My friend who is a Peruvian living in Santiago confirms it's Peruvian... Probably bias but I'm going to agree with that since the Peruvians started drinking Pisco sours at 11am and they don't seem to be as big a deal here...

Chilean beer - check
An ale, not bad. I forget the name but it sounded German. I think starts with a K. Will look it up for you later. Lots of German influence in Chile I learned.

Fantachop - check
Typical drink apparently - half beer/half Fanta (orange drink)... Like the half red wine/half Coke in Spain...You'd hate it :)

Chilean wine - obviously check.
Just drove an hour and a half thru wine country. Could spend a lot of time here... Let's come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment