Friday, February 17, 2012

It's Summer in Santiago!

Better late than never! This post was supposed to be my first on this trip but did not update due to lack of internet! So here it is...

Why did I not pack appropriate clothing for the 90 degree weather?? It sure is summer here in Santiago de Chile! (But snowing more on Mallorca yesterday than it has in DC this year??)

I love colonial South American cities so our old city tour yesterday was lovely. Our A&K guide Bernardo was the best.

Our hotel is well located in walking distance of plenty of restaurants and since dining is one of my favorite travel experiences you know I'm happy. Yesterday Michelle and I had lunch at a little local Chinese/Chilean dive - yum! And very happening with Chileans on siesta!

Today we are off to Valparaiso to board the Star Princess. Next stop: Punta Arenas... Then Ushuaia, Cape Horn, Buenos Aires, Montevideo and Rio!!!

Will update as often as we have internet!


No comments:

Post a Comment